From start to finish, M.D. Disability Quotes walks you through the process of applying for physician disability insurance and takes the uncertainty and concern out of finding the coverage that’s right for you. Here’s how:
- Submit your information in the Get a Quote section or contact our office via email or phone. We’ll work directly with you to determine your exact needs and to ensure that the right coverage is applied for.
- Complete the application that will be emailed or sent to you via FedEx or UPS. Completing the application usually takes only about 5-10 minutes. The insurance companies will require you to provide verification of your income by submitting tax documents.
- Return the application and tax documents to our office via fax, email or overnight envelope at no cost to you.
- Complete the phone inspection, which should take no more than 10 minutes. We’ll provide you with the call-in number.
- A Paramed Exam will be scheduled. The exam will take only 15-20 minutes and include a quick blood draw, UA, and on occasion, based on higher benefit amounts, a resting EKG. Your exam can be completed from the convenience of your home or office any time of day or night, Monday through Saturday.
- The application is processed. Carriers can order medical records, driving records, etc., to determine eligibility. It can take from 3-6 weeks to receive your disability insurance contract, based in large part upon the turnaround time for which your physicians submit your requested and pre-paid medical records. (Note: Occasionally, we may request your help in acquiring these records in order to expedite your contract offer.)
- Your new disability insurance contract offer is received. We’ll scrub the contract for accuracy and then present the details to you for review.
- Sign your contract, submit payment for the policy and return via the enclosed pre-paid overnight package. With your policy now in force, you’ll have the peace of mind that comes from knowing you’ve provided for you and your family one of the best disability contracts on the market. Then, typically on an annual basis, we’ll send you either a future-purchase option or automatic-coverage-increase option to ensure that you have the most appropriate coverage possible.